What is Moringa?
Moringa is oleifera is a plant which is also known as drumstick tree, horseradish tree or the ben oil tree in different regions. Moringa is a very nutritious superfood and it has a huge amount of vitamin C, calcium, protein, vitamin A, and Potassium. This tree is also known as a miracle tree due to its medicinal properties and health benefits. It has been used for medicinal purposes for thousands of years and has antifungal, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and antidepressant properties. Do you know, Moringa tree leaves have the higher oxygen radical absorbance capacity. Moringa family having 13 species in tropical and subtropical climates and all the species looks different ranging from large trees to plants. You can use Moringa for weight loss.
Moringa for Weight Loss
As we know the excess weight and bloating is a universal issue these days. People are struggling to lose weight with the natural methods. When people search for the natural methods to lose weight Moringa comes to rescue them. Moringa Oleifera is loaded with various weight loss properties and helps you to get back into shape. Moringa leaves juice helps to melt down stomach fat easily. Drinking Moringa leaves juice daily for one month helps to get rid of stubborn belly fat. It also helps to flush out toxins from the body.
Moringa increases the metabolic rate of the body which helps in weight loss. Constipation and stomach related disorders are also the main causes of weight gain. Drinking Moringa juice or tea daily helps to relieve constipation and bloating.A fiber in Moringa leaves helps to Lose Weight
As we are aware that fiber is very important for our health. Moringa is a rich source of insoluble and soluble fiber. Fiber is your friend when you want to shed some extra kilos.
Fiber keeps the blood sugar level balanced which turn into weight loss. High fiber diet reduces the fat absorption in the gut and burns the fat off.
Rich Nutrients in Moringa Leaves helps to Stop Cravings
As we know Moringa is very nutritious and a good source of Vitamin A, C, Calcium, and protein. These minerals from Moringa leaves or plant energizes the body and stop cravings for junk food. Our food cravings are directly proportional to our body needs. If we crave for junk food it clearly means that our body requires carbs, fats, and sugar.
Moringa leaves are Metabolic rate Booster
Moringa leaves speeds up the metabolic rate and helps to digest food more quickly. We know the fact that higher the metabolic rate and higher the chances for burning stubborn fat. If your metabolic rate is slow then your body store more fat instead of burning it.
This benefit of Moringa makes it a superfood.
Moringa leaves Balance the Blood Sugar Levels
Chlorogenic acid in Moringa leaves to balance the blood sugar level of the body which leads to weight loss. As we know when the level of blood sugar increase, insulin enter the bloodstream and send sugar to the liver, where the excess sugar stored as fat in the form of glycogen. Moringa helps to balance the blood sugar levels.
Moringa helps to Lower Cholesterol
This medicinal plant helps to keep the blood pressure and cholesterol of your blood down. Moringa leaves contain thiocarbamate glycosides, nitrile, and mustard oil glycosides, which helps to lower down the bad cholesterol and blood pressure. It has substances which help to maintain the healthy cholesterol levels.
Moringa helps to treat Constipation and Stomach Disorders
These fiber-rich Moringa leaves help to treat eradicates constipation. Upset stomach and constipation are the main reason for weight gain. This problem can be eliminated by the fiber rich foods. As we discussed above Moringa is a rich source of fiber that made it an ultimate solution for constipation.
Moringa Leaves are Liver Protector
Eating high-fat food can build fat in the liver tissue which disrupts the proper functioning of the liver. Moringa leaves and fruit helps to treat the liver damage done by an unhealthy diet.
Liver fat is the main reason for various health risks and eating healthy food helps your liver to perform its functions without any interruption. Presence of quercetin and flavonoid in Moringa helps to reverse the liver damage.
How to use Moringa for Weight loss?
Now you are aware that Moringa leaves helps to lose weight, now the next question arises: How to use Moringa for weight loss? Well, the answer is quite simple, you can consume moringa in various forms to lose weight. You can take Moringa leaves daily for weight loss. You can use in any form to get the benefits of the Moringa. Here are various forms of using Moringa to lose weight. Below are the recipes for Moringa leaves and fruits.
Moringa Recipes to Lose Weight
Here I am going to list a few recipes for Moringa, which helps you to get rid of extra kilos.
Moringa Smoothie for Weight Loss
One cup of coconut milk
1 teaspoon Moringa leaves powder
Half teaspoon of cinnamon
½ teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of Honey
All you need to do is blend all ingredients and add some water to it before drinking.
Moringa Leaf Sauce for Weight Loss
4 tablespoons of Moringa powder
1¼ cup of peanut butter
One medium onion
One liter water
Salt and red pepper to taste
Five tablespoons of olive oil
Methods to Prepare Moringa Sauce:
Boil one-liter water and add peanut butter. Let it boil for 10 mins. Now add chopped onion, moringa leaf powder, and oil to water. Cover the mixture for 15 mins and let it simmer. At last add salt and red pepper to taste.
Serve hot with rice and vegetable.
Moringa Leaves Juice for Weight loss
Moringa Oleifera leaves- 1 cup
Warm Water-1 Glass
Honey – 1 tablespoon
Lemon juice of half a slice lemon
Method to prepare Moringa Leaves Juice
Blend the Moringa leaves with warm water in a blender, until the leaves are grind very well. Drain it into a glass and add the lemon juice and honey. Consume it on empty stomach.
Moringa Tea for Weight Loss
150 ml water
One teaspoon Moringa leaves powder
One teaspoon of Honey
Methods to Prepare Moringa Leaves tea
Add 150 ml water to a teapot and bring to boil. Add one teaspoon of Moringa leaves powder to water and let it simmer for 5 mins. Strain the tea and add a teaspoon of honey to taste.
2 Pieces of Avocado
Two – Three Kale leaves
One tablespoon of Moringa leaves powder
½ teaspoon of black pepper powder
Method to Prepare Moringa Guacamole
Peel two Avocado and put them in a bowl. Now finely chop the onion and kale leaves and put them in the bowl. Add lemon juice. Black pepper and moringa powder in the bowl. Mix all the ingredients and mash them until you get the right consistency.
Health Benefits of Moringa
Here I am going to list a few health benefits of Moringa or Drumstick.
- Moringa leaves are very beneficial to increase the hemoglobin of the blood. Do you know Moringa leaves has twice the iron content than Spinach. Drumsticks are the best medicine for anemia.
- It has substances which help to boost the metabolic rate of the body which leads to weight loss. Higher metabolic rate burns more fat.
- These tiny leaves are immunity booster and contain 7 times more vitamin C than oranges.
- The high fiber content in the Moringa leaves helps to relieve constipation. As you know constipation is the main reason for upset stomach and weight gain. The fiber in Moringa is the best remedy for constipation.
- This medicinal plant is rich in anti-inflammatory properties which is very important for arthritis and other joint related problems.
- Studies prove that Moringa leaves are the best medicine for the treatment of Type II diabetes.
- It helps to reduce bad cholesterol as it has properties to burn fat in the body. It maintains the ratio of HDL and LDL.
- These leaves are best ayurvedic medicine to treat hypertension.
- It helps to flush out toxins from the body.
- Moringa leaves are very beneficial for the hair and skin. Taking Moringa leaves on daily basis helps in getting clear skin and healthy locks.
- Moringa leaves are loaded with anti-aging properties.
- Are you aware that Moringa leaves are not only used for weight loss. It also used for weight gain in children.
- These leaves are beneficial for bone health due to calcium richness.
- These leaves help to produce milk in lactic mother.
- It helps to balance the hormone levels of the body.
- It has 46 antioxidants which help to fight against cancer cells.
Health Risks of Moringa Leaves
- Moringa root contains Alkaloid that can cause Paralysis and even death.
- Eating Moringa leaves in large quantities cause heartburn, diarrhea, gaseous distension.
- Chemicals in Moringa’s bark can cause uterine contraction and increase the risk of miscarriage.
- It can cause bleeding of gums.
Where to find Moringa to Lose Weight?
Moringa Oleifera is a fast growing tree and droughts and rash climate conditions don’t affect the growth of the tree. This tree is mainly cultivated in the Western Ghats in southwestern India, in tropical and subtropical areas. These trees or its seeds are available online. There are many companies on the internet which are selling Moringa tea for weight loss. You can buy drumsticks from the local grocery store and moringa leaves from the plant. Moringa is used as herbal medicines in many regions and used for purifying water.